76% of UK organisations are not ready for GDPR
Are you GDPR ready? With only five months to go to the General Data Protection Regulation, a worrying 76% of organisations have yet to review products to ensure they are GDPR compliant.
Despite the GDPR regulation coming into effect in May next year (2018), less than half (48%) of businesses have introduced processes to manage customer consent and data, or reviewed their customer data for compliance purposes (45%).
‘The GDPR and the new data landscape. Are you ready?’ report, carried out by Callcredit Information Group also revealed that just one in five (20%) businesses have set up teams to lead GDPR initiatives and only 32% have contacted third party technical support to inform their GDPR decisions.
Steve McNicholas, Managing Director, Credit and Marketing Data, Callcredit Information Group, commented, “Our research indicates that although businesses are aware and understand the impact and intentions of GDPR, many have yet to carry out some basic activities to prepare for it. As GDPR implementation is just over six months away, businesses should act now to ensure they are prepared to deal with the change.”
Ready to start your contracting career? With almost 30 years experience in contracting, use our expertise today.I want to be a contractor
The report, which also interviewed consumers about their attitudes towards the GDPR and data sharing, found that the majority (79%) of consumers would like it to be simpler for them to withdraw consent for their personal data to be used by businesses. Encouragingly, they would be more likely to share information with companies if the GDPR was in place.
McNicholas added, “Businesses that are trusted, and viewed as transparent and responsible by consumers are far more likely to gain preferred supplier status. This is especially true for those companies that use data to personalise their products and services and offer something back to the consumer. But if businesses fall behind in preparing for the GDPR, they risk losing trust, commerce and, most worryingly in the data age, the right to use the data and insight they have taken years to gather.”
To find out more about contracting please contact Sophie on 01442 795100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Dolan Accountancy?
Dolan Accountancy was set up by Simon J Dolan, the man behind the well-known brand SJD Accountancy. With over 25 years experience in the contracting marketing, Dolan Accountancy has the heritage, reputation and credibility you can trust. Working closely with our sister company, ContractorUmbrella, it means we can offer one low cost, fixed fee package at £95 + VAT per month. This gives you the flexibility of using both our Limited Company Accountancy Services and our award winning Umbrella Service, for one inclusive cost. We don’t believe in tiered packages or hidden extra fees, instead we aim to give you everything you need, including:
- Free Company Formation – This is where it all begins. Once you have decided on an available name, we will form your company free of charge (if using our accountancy services) and it will be ready for you to use in as little as three hours.
- Free use of ContractorUmbrella – With changes in Public Sector IR35 Legislation we understand that sometimes you are required to contract via an umbrella company. We will keep your limited company ticking over, while you work margin free via our sister company, ContractorUmbrella.
- A Dedicated Accountant – Your accountant will be there for any company or personal tax advice that you require. We will never outsource work, even to internal teams.
- Free Access to FreeAgent – The founder behind the multi award winning FreeAgent platform was one of Simon’s first clients, therefore it only seems fitting that we offer all of our clients access to FreeAgent, free of charge.
- Free Business Banking – We have decided to waive our commission so our clients can use CashPlus free of charge for the first year, saving you £69.
- Unlimited IR35 Status Reviews – We will review all of your contracts for IR35 purposes and provide you with our professional opinion as to its status.
- Free Registered and Director’s Service Office Address – Sometimes you just don’t want your home address on display at Companies House. When you sign up to our accountancy services, we will offer the use of our address as an alternative.
- Your Business and Personal Taxation Needs – This includes Company Accounts, Director’s Personal Tax Return, VAT Returns, Payroll, Corporation Tax and Dividend advice, to name just a few.
If you’d like to find out more about how Dolan Accountancy can help you and your business, please give us a call on 01442 795100 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.