HMRC offer an IR35 tool, which they claim will give a binding IR35 determination. In practice though, this tool will only give a pass to the most cut-and-dry of cases. It is worth remembering that it is in HMRC’s interest to give an ‘Inside IR35’ judgement to as many contracts as possible – meaning more tax revenue – and to deter contractors from operating Outside IR35. Many contractors find the wording of the tool vague and unclear and a multiple-choice online assessment will inevitably struggle with the complexities of contractors’ working situations.
IR35 Contract Reviews in the Public Sector
(2 minutes to read)
IR35 is one of the biggest issues facing professional contractors, potentially posing a threat to both your income and your peace of mind. Sometimes it’s straightforward - a contract can clearly sit inside IR35 or clearly be outside. However, the majority of IR35 determinations aren’t straightforward and there is a lack of clear case law on the matter.
Want a Free IR35 status review?Request a Review
IR35 Public Sector Contract Reviews
The best way to ensure peace of mind and gain an accurate assessment of your contract’s IR35 status is to take professional advice. Unfortunately, law firms often lack IR35 specialists and hourly fees can generate higher-than-expected bills. Luckily for you, Dolan Accountancy offers a full IR35 review on any contract you take – and if you’re inside IR35, there’s nothing to pay!
Provide us with your contract and we well provide you with a specialist IR35 assessment within 24 hours. We charge £200 plus VAT for a comprehensive review, so that you can make an informed choice about your next contract and go to work without any doubts about your employment status. We will explain our decision, highlighting any key points as they relate to your contract and if your contract is boardline, we will provide constructive feedback to help you renegotiate the terms of the assignment to avoid IR35.
To show our appreciation for our existing clients, we offer this service at a reduced fee to anybody already using Dolan Accountancy as their accountant – only £150 plus VAT!
If you have any questions about your own IR35 status, or to book a specialist contract review, please call us on 01442 795 100 or email your contract details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Dolan Accountancy?
Dolan Accountancy was set up by Simon J Dolan, the man behind the well-known brand SJD Accountancy. With over 25 years experience in the contracting marketing, Dolan Accountancy has the heritage, reputation and credibility you can trust. Working closely with our sister company, Contractor Umbrella, it means we can offer one low cost, fixed fee package at £105 + VAT per month. This gives you the flexibility of using both our Limited Company Accountancy Services and our award winning Umbrella Service, for one inclusive cost. We don’t believe in tiered packages or hidden extra fees, instead we aim to give you everything you need, including:
- Free Company Formation – This is where it all begins. Once you have decided on an available name, we will form your company free of charge (if using our accountancy services) and it will be ready for you to use in as little as three hours.
- Free use of Contractor Umbrella – With changes in Public Sector IR35 Legislation we understand that sometimes you are required to contract via an umbrella company. We will keep your limited company ticking over, while you work margin free via our sister company, Contractor Umbrella.
- A Dedicated Accountant – Your accountant will be there for any company or personal tax advice that you require. We will never outsource work, even to internal teams.
- Free Access to FreeAgent – The founder behind the multi award winning FreeAgent platform was one of Simon’s first clients, therefore it only seems fitting that we offer all of our clients access to FreeAgent, free of charge.
- Free Business Banking – We have decided to waive our commission so our clients can use Tide free of charge for the first year.
- Unlimited IR35 Status Reviews – We will review all of your contracts for IR35 purposes and provide you with our professional opinion as to its status.
- Free Registered and Director’s Service Office Address – Sometimes you just don’t want your home address on display at Companies House. When you sign up to our accountancy services, we will offer the use of our address as an alternative.
- Your Business and Personal Taxation Needs – This includes Company Accounts, Director’s Personal Tax Return, VAT Returns, Payroll, Corporation Tax and Dividend advice, to name just a few.
- Same day payments- We offer same day payments as standard providing funds are received into our account by 9am, for no additional fee.
If you’d like to find out more about how Dolan Accountancy can help you and your business, please give us a call on 01442 795100 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.