- My contract is in the Public Sector
- My contract is generic or not applicable to my specific engagement
- The client has previously failed an IR35 ruling
- The client has the right to tell me how to do my work
- The client has the right to tell me where to do my work
- The client has the right to prioritise my workload or assign me to certain tasks
- I will be working alongside permanent employees doing the same job
- I have the same skillset as other permanent employees in the organisation
- I am required to complete the work myself
- The client must provide me with a certain amount of work
- I am required to complete work I am given outside the assigned scope of the project
- I must use the client’s equipment, software and/or hardware
- I am on a fixed hourly, daily or weekly rate
- I have a fixed number of hours or days that I must work
- Staff in the organisation will report to me
- I will be given an office
- I will be given business cards
- I will be on the client’s internal telephone list
Working inside IR35
(2 minutes to read)
Worried about your IR35 status? Our handy print out checklist will help you review your contract at a glance. Simply tick off the boxes and count them up at the end.
Want a Free IR35 status review?Request a Review
0 – You are in the clear! There is nothing to suggest you are Inside IR35.
1-6 – There is some risk of being caught within IR35. Seek the advice of your accountant.
7-12 – You are likely to be within IR35. Seek the advice of a your accountant before proceeding.
13+ – Within IR35. Ask your accountant how this effects you.
This is not a substitute for professional advice. If you are in any doubt, seek the advice of your accountant or a professional IR35 adviser. If you have any questions about your own IR35 status, or for advice on whether a contract may fall inside or outside IR35, please call us on 01442 795 100 or email email@example.com.
Why Dolan Accountancy?
Dolan Accountancy was set up by Simon J Dolan, the man behind the well-known brand SJD Accountancy. With over 25 years experience in the contracting marketing, Dolan Accountancy has the heritage, reputation and credibility you can trust. Working closely with our sister company, Contractor Umbrella, it means we can offer one low cost, fixed fee package at £105 + VAT per month. This gives you the flexibility of using both our Limited Company Accountancy Services and our award winning Umbrella Service, for one inclusive cost. We don’t believe in tiered packages or hidden extra fees, instead we aim to give you everything you need, including:
- Free Company Formation – This is where it all begins. Once you have decided on an available name, we will form your company free of charge (if using our accountancy services) and it will be ready for you to use in as little as three hours.
- Free use of Contractor Umbrella – With changes in Public Sector IR35 Legislation we understand that sometimes you are required to contract via an umbrella company. We will keep your limited company ticking over, while you work margin free via our sister company, Contractor Umbrella.
- A Dedicated Accountant – Your accountant will be there for any company or personal tax advice that you require. We will never outsource work, even to internal teams.
- Free Access to FreeAgent – The founder behind the multi award winning FreeAgent platform was one of Simon’s first clients, therefore it only seems fitting that we offer all of our clients access to FreeAgent, free of charge.
- Free Business Banking – We have decided to waive our commission so our clients can use Tide free of charge for the first year.
- Unlimited IR35 Status Reviews – We will review all of your contracts for IR35 purposes and provide you with our professional opinion as to its status.
- Free Registered and Director’s Service Office Address – Sometimes you just don’t want your home address on display at Companies House. When you sign up to our accountancy services, we will offer the use of our address as an alternative.
- Your Business and Personal Taxation Needs – This includes Company Accounts, Director’s Personal Tax Return, VAT Returns, Payroll, Corporation Tax and Dividend advice, to name just a few.
- Same day payments- We offer same day payments as standard providing funds are received into our account by 9am, for no additional fee.
If you’d like to find out more about how Dolan Accountancy can help you and your business, please give us a call on 01442 795100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.