Who are we?
If our name sounds familiar, don’t be surprised. Dolan Accountancy was set up by Simon J Dolan, the man behind the well-known brands SJD Accountancy and Easy Accountancy. After selling the business in 2014, Simon stepped away from the industry for three years, but watched the market very closely – deciding in 2017 to come back into the accountancy world that he knows so well, but to do things a little differently. We thought it might help if he explains why . . .
Introducing Dolan Accountancy
“I believe that enabling each client to have proactive advice from their dedicated accountant is vital, but many firms have moved away from this level of service in favour of a more impersonal approach. These companies, and even those who have retained an element of personal service, are not embracing new technologies to make their clients’ lives easier – choosing instead to use technology to increase their own margins and to mask internal inefficiencies.
I wanted to start again from scratch, with no legacy issues, providing you with a service that is second-to-none, based on my years of experience in building up the UK’s largest accountancy firm for contractors, freelancers, sole traders and the self-employed. My experience in other industries such as aviation and engineering has helped me to understand how efficient processes can transform my business and yours, and this is what we intend to do. I look forward to taking that journey with you.”
The outcome of all this is Dolan Accountancy – dedicated accountancy delivering a combination of experience, service and technology for freelancers, sole traders and the self-employed – from just £40.00 + VAT per month, one of the lowest rates in the industry.
What do we offer?
Dolan Accountancy are specialists in providing accountancy services for freelancers, sole traders and the self-employed. Our low cost fixed-fee package makes it easy for you to focus on running your business, and not having to worry about managing your finances – or whether you’re going to get any unexpected bills from your accountant, just for asking a quick question!
We offer an all-inclusive service which starts at just £40 + VAT a month, and covers everything that you might need:
- Unlimited access to your dedicated accountant via phone and email
- Proactive advice on dealing with all of your tax issues
- Support and guidance on your National Insurance contributions
- General advice on any business concerns you might have, all year round
- Assistance in dealing with Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) on any issues you may face
- Reminders of important dates in the accountancy calendar, so you never miss a deadline
- Access to FreeAgent™ online accounting software
- Completing your Self-Assessment Tax Return
- And of course our ‘money back’ service level guarantee!
As a Dolan Accountancy freelancer, sole trader or self-employed client, you will have your own dedicated accountant – and you can speak to them on the phone whenever you need to, or contact them by email, without incurring additional costs. We want to be sure that you feel totally confident in contacting us with any issues you have – without having to worry about any unexpected bills.
Services for small to medium businesses
We also provide accountancy services and bookkeeping services for small to medium sized businesses. This can be either on a monthly fixed-fee basis, or as a one-off charge, depending on your exact requirements.
Please contact us for costs on these services, as they will vary depending on how your small to medium sized business is structured, and what your ultimate plans are.
Our Money Back Service Guarantee
We guarantee that if we fail to deliver on any one of the points below, in any given month, we will refund your entire fee for that month. Just let us know where we failed and we will arrange your refund – as well as dealing with the issue in question of course!
- When you become a client, your dedicated accountant will be in touch within one working day of your signed contract being received by us.
- If you email us before 4pm on a working day, we will respond the same day – if after 4pm, we will respond by the end of the next working day.
- We will ensure that our client/accountant ratio is always maintained at a level that enables us to provide an exemplary level of service.
- If you do have to leave us a phone message for any reason, we will respond within one working day.
- If you send us a letter, we will respond within two working days of receipt.
We have the heritage, reputation and credibility of the Dolan name, coupled with our firm financial footing and our ability to offer you the best possible price – from just £40 + VAT per month. We believe this makes the decision to choose Dolan Accountancy crystal clear, and we hope you do too, once you’ve had time to understand our level of knowledge and experience.
If you’d like to find out more about how Dolan Accountancy can help you and your business, please give us a call on 01442 795 100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.