Winter Economy Plan announced
(2 minutes to read)
Last week, the government unveiled plans to both protect jobs and support businesses over the next coming months.
With Covid-19 restrictions being tightened due to growing cases, the Chancellor of the Exchequer Rishi Sunak has announced a package of measures to help businesses through the uncertain months:
- A new Job Support Scheme will run for six months from 1st November with the aim to protect viable jobs in businesses who are facing lower demand over the winter months. The government will contribute towards the wages of employees who are working fewer than normal hours due to decreased demand. Employers will continue to pay the wages of staff for the hours they work – but for the hours not worked, the government and the employer will each pay one third of their equivalent salary. This means employees who can only go back to work on shorter time will still be paid two thirds of the hours for those hours they can’t work. In order to support only viable jobs, employees must be working at least 33% of their usual hours. The level of grant will be calculated based on employee’s usual salary, capped at £697.92 per month.
- As part of the package, the government also announced it will extend the temporary 15% VAT cut for the tourism and hospitality sectors to the end of March next year. This will give businesses in the sector – which has been severely impacted by the pandemic – the confidence to maintain staff as they adapt to a new trading environment.
- Up to half a million business who deferred their VAT bills will be given more ‘breathing space’ through the New Payment Scheme, which gives them the option to pay back in smaller instalments. Rather than paying a lump sum in full at the end March next year, they will be able to make 11 smaller interest-free payments during the 2021-22 financial year.
- Self-assessment taxpayers will be able to benefit from a separate additional 12-month extension from HMRC on the ‘Time to Pay’ self-service facility, meaning payments deferred from July 2020, and those due in January 2021, will now not need to be paid until January 2022.
- Businesses who took out a Bounce Back Loan through a new Pay as You Grow flexible repayment system. Will have more flexibility for firms repaying a Bounce Back Loan. This includes extending the length of the loan from six years to ten
- The government will be extending the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme grant (SEISS), but at just 20% of earnings.
The Chancellor of the Exchequer Rishi Sunak, commented, “The resurgence of the virus, and the measures we need to take in response, pose a threat to our fragile economic recovery.
“Our approach to the next phase of support must be different to that which came before.
“The primary goal of our economic policy remains unchanged – to support people’s jobs – but the way we achieve that must evolve.”
To find out more about contracting please contact Jaime on 01442 795 100 or email email@example.com
Why Dolan Accountancy?
Dolan Accountancy was set up by Simon J Dolan, the man behind the well-known brand SJD Accountancy. With over 25 years experience in the contracting marketing, Dolan Accountancy has the heritage, reputation and credibility you can trust. Working closely with our sister company, Contractor Umbrella, it means we can offer one low cost, fixed fee package at £95 + VAT per month. This gives you the flexibility of using both our Limited Company Accountancy Services and our award winning Umbrella Service, for one inclusive cost. We don’t believe in tiered packages or hidden extra fees, instead we aim to give you everything you need, including:
- Free Company Formation – This is where it all begins. Once you have decided on an available name, we will form your company free of charge (if using our accountancy services) and it will be ready for you to use in as little as three hours.
- Free use of Contractor Umbrella – With changes in Public Sector IR35 Legislation we understand that sometimes you are required to contract via an umbrella company. We will keep your limited company ticking over, while you work margin free via our sister company, Contractor Umbrella.
- A Dedicated Accountant – Your accountant will be there for any company or personal tax advice that you require. We will never outsource work, even to internal teams.
- Free Access to FreeAgent – The founder behind the multi award winning FreeAgent platform was one of Simon’s first clients, therefore it only seems fitting that we offer all of our clients access to FreeAgent, free of charge.
- Free Business Banking – We have decided to waive our commission so our clients can use Tide free of charge for the first year.
- Unlimited IR35 Status Reviews – We will review all of your contracts for IR35 purposes and provide you with our professional opinion as to its status.
- Free Registered and Director’s Service Office Address – Sometimes you just don’t want your home address on display at Companies House. When you sign up to our accountancy services, we will offer the use of our address as an alternative.
- Your Business and Personal Taxation Needs – This includes Company Accounts, Director’s Personal Tax Return, VAT Returns, Payroll, Corporation Tax and Dividend advice, to name just a few.
- Same day payments- We offer same day payments as standard providing funds are received into our account by 9am, for no additional fee.
If you’d like to find out more about how Dolan Accountancy can help you and your business, please give us a call on 01442 795100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.