Businesses have been kept waiting too long for Brexit clarity, says REC
(2 minutes to read)
The Recruitment and Employment Confederation are showing support for CBI's call for further Brexit clarity, as it believes businesses have been kept in the dark for too long.
With CBI’s director-general Carolyn Fairbairn having given a speech regarding what will make a good Brexit, the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) agree that the government must provide clarity.
The CBI have called for a ‘jobs-first transition deal to be nailed down in the next 70 days’.
REC chief executive Kevin Green responded, “We support the notion that the government should be under a 70 day deadline to provide a transition deal that prioritises jobs. That will be a year on from when Article 50 was triggered and it is time that we see sufficient progress for the sake of employers and workers in this country”.
Ready to start your contracting career? With almost 30 years experience in contracting, use our expertise today.
Become an expert I want to be a contractor
“Businesses have been kept waiting too long for the government to provide clarity and our data shows that employer confidence in the economy is really suffering because of this, which is starting to impact hiring plans. Recruiters tell us that their clients are already moving jobs abroad and this will increase if they don’t feel reassured. Large businesses do workforce planning at least a year ahead and it’s not feasible to think they will hold off on decision-making any longer.”
He added, “It’s also vital that EU workers in the UK are told what practical actions they have to take to get their right to work here confirmed. It is not clear right now and they will be feeling frustrated. Many sectors across the economy, from healthcare to warehousing, rely heavily on EU workers and must be able to access the people they need – otherwise employers could end up moving to other countries, reducing their services or even shutting down.”
To find out more about contracting please contact Sophie on 01442 795 100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Dolan Accountancy?
Dolan Accountancy was set up by Simon J Dolan, the man behind the well-known brand SJD Accountancy. With over 25 years experience in the contracting marketing, Dolan Accountancy has the heritage, reputation and credibility you can trust. Working closely with our sister company, ContractorUmbrella, it means we can offer one low cost, fixed fee package at £95 + VAT per month. This gives you the flexibility of using both our Limited Company Accountancy Services and our award winning Umbrella Service, for one inclusive cost. We don’t believe in tiered packages or hidden extra fees, instead we aim to give you everything you need, including:
- Free Company Formation – This is where it all begins. Once you have decided on an available name, we will form your company free of charge (if using our accountancy services) and it will be ready for you to use in as little as three hours.
- Free use of ContractorUmbrella – With changes in Public Sector IR35 Legislation we understand that sometimes you are required to contract via an umbrella company. We will keep your limited company ticking over, while you work margin free via our sister company, ContractorUmbrella.
- A Dedicated Accountant – Your accountant will be there for any company or personal tax advice that you require. We will never outsource work, even to internal teams.
- Free Access to FreeAgent – The founder behind the multi award winning FreeAgent platform was one of Simon’s first clients, therefore it only seems fitting that we offer all of our clients access to FreeAgent, free of charge.
- Free Business Banking – We have decided to waive our commission so our clients can use Tide free of charge for the first year.
- Unlimited IR35 Status Reviews – We will review all of your contracts for IR35 purposes and provide you with our professional opinion as to its status.
- Free Registered and Director’s Service Office Address – Sometimes you just don’t want your home address on display at Companies House. When you sign up to our accountancy services, we will offer the use of our address as an alternative.
- Your Business and Personal Taxation Needs – This includes Company Accounts, Director’s Personal Tax Return, VAT Returns, Payroll, Corporation Tax and Dividend advice, to name just a few.
If you’d like to find out more about how Dolan Accountancy can help you and your business, please give us a call on 01442 795100 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.