- limited, Contractors
- Quarter of Brits too afraid to tell employer they’re suffering with poor mental health
Quarter of Brits too afraid to tell employer they’re suffering with poor mental health
(1 minute to read)
A new study reveals that a quarter (25.8%) of Brits are too afraid to tell their employer that they’re suffering with poor mental health.
With a quarter of Brits saying they’re too scared to tell their employer they’re suffering with poor mental health, a further 39.3% claim their boss wouldn’t care.
The CV-Library survey of 2,000 UK professionals found that a third (33.2%) of Brits fear they’d be judged unfairly if they told their boss about their concerns, while 29.7% simply believe their employer is unapproachable.
Over a quarter (28.8%) of Brits say that they feel anxious about key aspects of their jobs, including:
- The potential of being fired (31%)
- Neglecting personal relationships because of work (29%)
- Their boss (19%)
- Public speaking (18.5%)
- Giving presentations (17.3%)
CV-Library gives employers some tips on how to kick-start a plan of action to deal with improving poor mental health in the workplace:
- Plan how you’re going to educate senior members of staff on how to help their team achieve positive mental health.
- Put support structures in place for any employees suffering with poor mental health, such as mental health first aiders.
- Creating a mental health policy and distributing the information among employees.
- Be vigilant about promoting healthy workplace behaviours, such as leaving the office on time.
To find out more about contracting please contact Jaime on 01442 795 100 or email email@example.com.
Why Dolan Accountancy?
Dolan Accountancy was set up by Simon J Dolan, the man behind the well-known brand SJD Accountancy. With over 25 years experience in the contracting marketing, Dolan Accountancy has the heritage, reputation and credibility you can trust. Working closely with our sister company, Contractor Umbrella, it means we can offer one low cost, fixed fee package at £95 + VAT per month. This gives you the flexibility of using both our Limited Company Accountancy Services and our award winning Umbrella Service, for one inclusive cost. We don’t believe in tiered packages or hidden extra fees, instead we aim to give you everything you need, including:
- Free Company Formation – This is where it all begins. Once you have decided on an available name, we will form your company free of charge (if using our accountancy services) and it will be ready for you to use in as little as three hours.
- Free use of Contractor Umbrella – With changes in Public Sector IR35 Legislation we understand that sometimes you are required to contract via an umbrella company. We will keep your limited company ticking over, while you work margin free via our sister company, Contractor Umbrella.
- A Dedicated Accountant – Your accountant will be there for any company or personal tax advice that you require. We will never outsource work, even to internal teams.
- Free Access to FreeAgent – The founder behind the multi award winning FreeAgent platform was one of Simon’s first clients, therefore it only seems fitting that we offer all of our clients access to FreeAgent, free of charge.
- Free Business Banking – We have decided to waive our commission so our clients can use Tide free of charge for the first year.
- Unlimited IR35 Status Reviews – We will review all of your contracts for IR35 purposes and provide you with our professional opinion as to its status.
- Free Registered and Director’s Service Office Address – Sometimes you just don’t want your home address on display at Companies House. When you sign up to our accountancy services, we will offer the use of our address as an alternative.
- Your Business and Personal Taxation Needs – This includes Company Accounts, Director’s Personal Tax Return, VAT Returns, Payroll, Corporation Tax and Dividend advice, to name just a few.
- Same day payments- We offer same day payments as standard providing funds are received into our account by 9am, for no additional fee.
If you’d like to find out more about how Dolan Accountancy can help you and your business, please give us a call on 01442 795100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.