Pet professions leading the way for UK’s job recovery
(1 minute to read)
Exclusive data shows that there’s a significant number of jobseekers looking to change career and become part of the UK’s new wave of growing pet professionals.
With 3.2 million UK households having gained a new pet since the start of the pandemic, it comes as no surprise to learn that there is a high demand for jobs in the pet industry.
The number of roles seen advertised by Totaljobs in the UK’s animal care sector has now reached +38% of their pre-lockdown levels.
Pet-related responsibilities have seen noticeable rises in search interest with terms such as ‘dog warden’ up by more than a third (38%) and ‘animal keeper’ by 70%.
Dog grooming jobs are up by almost two-thirds (65%) compared to March last year and searches for veterinary roles are also up by a third (33%).
Andrew Pinnington, CEO of Itch pet treatments, commented on the findings, “The data from Totaljobs is very interesting and highlights the extent to which the pet industry has boomed in the past year. Not only are people looking to buy or rehome pets more than ever, but many are even changing careers as a result of the demand.
“As pet healthcare and wellbeing experts, Itch puts pets at the heart of everything it does and understands why many may be attracted to an animal related career – we don’t blame them!”
To find out more about contracting please contact Jaime on 01442 795 100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Dolan Accountancy?
Dolan Accountancy was set up by Simon J Dolan, the man behind the well-known brand SJD Accountancy. With over 25 years experience in the contracting marketing, Dolan Accountancy has the heritage, reputation and credibility you can trust. Working closely with our sister company, Contractor Umbrella, it means we can offer one low cost, fixed fee package at £95 + VAT per month. This gives you the flexibility of using both our Limited Company Accountancy Services and our award winning Umbrella Service, for one inclusive cost. We don’t believe in tiered packages or hidden extra fees, instead we aim to give you everything you need, including:
- Free Company Formation – This is where it all begins. Once you have decided on an available name, we will form your company free of charge (if using our accountancy services) and it will be ready for you to use in as little as three hours.
- Free use of Contractor Umbrella – With changes in Public Sector IR35 Legislation we understand that sometimes you are required to contract via an umbrella company. We will keep your limited company ticking over, while you work margin free via our sister company, Contractor Umbrella.
- A Dedicated Accountant – Your accountant will be there for any company or personal tax advice that you require. We will never outsource work, even to internal teams.
- Free Access to FreeAgent – The founder behind the multi award winning FreeAgent platform was one of Simon’s first clients, therefore it only seems fitting that we offer all of our clients access to FreeAgent, free of charge.
- Free Business Banking – We have decided to waive our commission so our clients can use Tide free of charge for the first year.
- Unlimited IR35 Status Reviews – We will review all of your contracts for IR35 purposes and provide you with our professional opinion as to its status.
- Free Registered and Director’s Service Office Address – Sometimes you just don’t want your home address on display at Companies House. When you sign up to our accountancy services, we will offer the use of our address as an alternative.
- Your Business and Personal Taxation Needs – This includes Company Accounts, Director’s Personal Tax Return, VAT Returns, Payroll, Corporation Tax and Dividend advice, to name just a few.
- Same day payments- We offer same day payments as standard providing funds are received into our account by 9am, for no additional fee.
If you’d like to find out more about how Dolan Accountancy can help you and your business, please give us a call on 01442 795100 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.