- CIPD help small firms improve people management skills
CIPD help small firms improve people management skills
(2 minutes to read)
Some SMEs have little knowledge or expertise in people management and often have little time or resources to improve their capability beyond basic legal requirements.
The CIPD has launched a free online hub to help small businesses improve their people management capabilities, in order to boost their performance and productivity.
The ‘People Skills Hub’ is a free online resource that contains a range of resources and tools to help small businesses and people managers more generally, to develop their people management skills.
The CIPD will be promoting the free resource via key stakeholders such as Growth Hubs, Local Enterprise Partnerships and local chambers of commerce.
The Hub includes:
- Managing people essentials: Covering basic legal requirements, contracts, recruitment, absence, holidays and time off, family leave, redundancies, grievances and more.
- Planning a people strategy: Covering team building, pay and benefits, learning and development, performance management, well-being and more.
- Getting support: Access to additional resources including podcasts, reports and online training opportunities.
Peter Cheese, chief executive of the CIPD, commented, “Effective people management and development practices are essential to help businesses thrive and grow and improve the quality of jobs in the UK.
“That’s why we are delighted to launch the People Skills Hub; to provide support where it’s most needed and to give smaller businesses access to knowledge and basic support they often need to boost people management practices and business performance. Our pilots showed that once owner managers understand the importance of people management they are more likely to invest in this area of their business.”
To find out more about contracting please contact Jaime on 01442 795 100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Dolan Accountancy?
Dolan Accountancy was set up by Simon J Dolan, the man behind the well-known brand SJD Accountancy. With over 25 years experience in the contracting marketing, Dolan Accountancy has the heritage, reputation and credibility you can trust. Working closely with our sister company, ContractorUmbrella, it means we can offer one low cost, fixed fee package at £95 + VAT per month. This gives you the flexibility of using both our Limited Company Accountancy Services and our award winning Umbrella Service, for one inclusive cost. We don’t believe in tiered packages or hidden extra fees, instead we aim to give you everything you need, including:
- Free Company Formation – This is where it all begins. Once you have decided on an available name, we will form your company free of charge (if using our accountancy services) and it will be ready for you to use in as little as three hours.
- Free use of ContractorUmbrella – With changes in Public Sector IR35 Legislation we understand that sometimes you are required to contract via an umbrella company. We will keep your limited company ticking over, while you work margin free via our sister company, ContractorUmbrella.
- A Dedicated Accountant – Your accountant will be there for any company or personal tax advice that you require. We will never outsource work, even to internal teams.
- Free Access to FreeAgent – The founder behind the multi award winning FreeAgent platform was one of Simon’s first clients, therefore it only seems fitting that we offer all of our clients access to FreeAgent, free of charge.
- Free Business Banking – We have decided to waive our commission so our clients can use Tide free of charge for the first year.
- Unlimited IR35 Status Reviews – We will review all of your contracts for IR35 purposes and provide you with our professional opinion as to its status.
- Free Registered and Director’s Service Office Address – Sometimes you just don’t want your home address on display at Companies House. When you sign up to our accountancy services, we will offer the use of our address as an alternative.
- Your Business and Personal Taxation Needs – This includes Company Accounts, Director’s Personal Tax Return, VAT Returns, Payroll, Corporation Tax and Dividend advice, to name just a few.
If you’d like to find out more about how Dolan Accountancy can help you and your business, please give us a call on 01442 795100 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.